Thursday, October 04, 2012

A quick trip to Cali

I flew into Cali on Sept. 24.  Mom was scheduled for surgery on the 26th to remove early stage cancer. It was beautiful but VERY HOT!  100 + temps!
Had to get my Golden Spoon fix!

mmmmm....mango tart and fresh peach!

4 of my favorite people! Vicky, Linda, Jeannie and Debbie!

Katie and me! Friends since 9th grade! Behind us is beautiful blown glass bowls that Katie hung on her kitchen wall!  So pretty and SO Katie!

Can you dig it?  It's me and my twin sister, Becky! :-)  I was blessed to attend the baby shower for her very first grandbaby!  a Girl!  

I had already made this quilt for them and sent it to Becky.  The shower just happened to be on the weekend I was in Cali!  It was so fun!

Shelley drove all the way out to have dinner with us !  Mom did GREAT after her surgery!  Praise God they got it all and she was up and going really soon!  We had dinner at Tios...yum!

Me and my folks!  A final dinner before I flew home...where else?  Vince's! 

These two cuties let me stay with them the whole week!  It was so much fun hanging out with them and getting as much time with them as I could!  Miss them everyday!
 My flight home the next day was filled with drama...delays, cancellations and re bookings.  I ended up staying one more night in Cali- at Louise's.  She took me to the airport VERY early the next morning!  Thankfully there was NO drama and I arrived home safely!

No comments: