Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Amish Country and...Day 2- The Baseball Hall of Fame- Cooperstown, NY


After our visit to Gettysburg we took a side trip through Amish country...Lancaster Co. PA.  We went looking for Bird in Hand , PA and Intercourse, PA but GPS got us confused so we settled for the countryside in Lancaster. I was driving and Ken was co-piloting...all I wanted to see was authentic Amish people and some black buggies!  Ken got a little perturbed at my driving and the fact that I stopped in the middle of this country road to take pictures of Amish buggies.  At one point he screamed..."I want to live".  It became the funny memory of the whole trip! 


Amish laundry hanging out to dry

Buggy alert!




Road trip...mom read and dad slept!

Ken drove ....

I took pictures and drove (mostly not at the same time)

Cooperstown, NY  BASEBALL HALL of FAME!
Since the first time Ken and I were here ( 2007) It was been a dream of mine to visit here with my dad!  I am so thankful that dream came true on this trip.  Dad thoroughly loved it and got teary eyed.   What a special trip for a daughter -whose LOVE of baseball came from her father's passion- to share this special place with him!

Getting our tickets
Dad loved all things Angels...of course!








Mom had a good time too!


Watching video of Trout 
Reggie Jackson's 500 homerun hit as an Angel

Nolan Ryan's 4 no hitters ...as an Angel

The Hall of inductees!

Dad checks out the Angels championship ring and pins

Mom & Dad
Right in front of the Hall of Fame building
Main Street, Cooperstown...such a cute place

Me, Mom & Dad at the Baseball Hall of Fame

The old beautiful Hall of Fame!
What a super fun and special trip!

No comments: